We will fill obituary requests if the exact death date or month/year is known and the library owns the local newspaper for that year. The library currently owns microfilm of the Paris Beacon-News from 1955 to date. If Paris Public Library does not have microfilm for the year you need, there are other options:
- Edgar County Genealogy Library has microfilm of the early Paris newspapers through 1954 and an obituary file complete from 1985 to date, with scattered earlier obits.
- Terre Haute newspapers have printed Edgar and Clark County obituaries for years. Obits may be briefer than ones in our local newspaper. Check the Wabash Valley Obituary Index at Vigo County Library.
- Contact your local public library and request Paris Beacon-News microfilm (month/year) through interlibrary loan from Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library.
- For a fee, you may request an obituary or limited research directly from Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library. Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library's Obituary Finder is another option, but limited to obituary citations for names the library has researched.
Recent Edgar County obituaries may be found on the web at:
- Paris Beacon-News
- Prairie Press
- Terre Haute Tribune-Star
- Stewart & Carroll Funeral Home
- Templeton Funeral Home
- Krabel Funeral Home
Other research by the library staff is limited to indexed materials only. The library does not charge research fees. A small donation is welcome if you appreciate the information provided.